I love simple, easy to use, cool tools that are Plug-n-Play.
I don’t know (or care to know at this point in time) html coding, I have limited time, even less attention span and ..uhm … I’m a bit lazy.
So here is a list of some of my cool tools -all of them free as I am also cheap – that I use, or intend to use soon or heard about just now! I’ll add more as I find them:
– great site to make quick screen casts. All it requires is a Twitter account (you have that don’t you?) and you’re good to go! The recordings are for 3 minutes, or until you click on stop and you can share the vids via email, tweets, put it on Delicious, Digg, StumbleUpon, Google Bookmarks, FriendFeed, MySpace, and Facebook, or by copying a recording’s URL.
I know that there are loads of other free software that will do the same, but this was quick and easy to use.
– Screenr works very similar to ScreenJelly and allows you to create videos quickly and easily and post them to Twitter.
– Prezi is presentation tool that puts all your information on one page/screen from which you zoom in and out on the different aspects. It’s seriously cool!! (though it does give me a bit of motion sickness, but that’s just me)
- Share large files easily and for free
I like this post from Stephan Abram on cool tools that will allow you to decrease the size of files you want to send to people. And all of them are free!
- See what it’s like to be another Tweeter
– cTwittLike allows you to see what it would be like to be another Tweeter with their feeds and updates. It’s really is quite fun!
Thanks to Jane over at Social Media in Learning for telling me about this.
* this site has been getting a lot of traffic today and may either be slower than normal, or present the error message you see on my screen shot *
- Jumpola – resources for designers
– Jumpola is a list of Chuck Green’s favorite sources for communication designers.
The list is divided into Print, Web, Illustrations, Photo, Type, Tech, Marketing, References, Designer Shopping, Mind Vacations